Join us for this Fall Taste of Las Artistas event on September 27.
Please join us for an engaging panel discussion with artists, art educators, and art promotors from El Paso and beyond. Those who wish to pursue a career in art and fine craft can gain valuable advice from professionals with real-world experience at an upcoming panel discussion: Making Your Mark–Steps to becoming a Professional Artist.
Wednesday, September 27 from 6 pm to 8 pm
Panel discussion is 6 pm to 7 pm with a reception immediately following the discussion.
The Stanlee and Gerald Rubin Center Gallery at the University of Texas at El Paso
500 West University Avenue Click here for directions. Free parking is available in the lot in front of Rubin Center building (P-5 Lot or in the Parking Garage).
Please Note: You will need to print out and place this parking pass on the dashboard of your car.
Moderated by David Griffin, Chair and a professor in the UTEP Department of Art, the panel includes arts professionals representing a variety of perspectives:
- Dr. Victoria Ramirez, director of the El Paso Museum of Art
- Pam Sullivan, executive director of Las Artistas and professional marketing consultant
- Marina Monsisvais, a KTEP program host and owner of Barracuda PR, a boutique public relations agency firm in El Paso
- Helen Ellison-Dorion, a local professional jewelry artisan, arts educator, and Las Artistas member.
- Rachelle Thiewes, artist, arts educator, and art collector.